The ultimate guide to Shopify: How to build a business on Shopify?
Having an online presence in the present day is a must for businesses, and eCommerce has been playing a vital role in changing the fate of retailers. This is demonstrated by the tremendous expansion of the sector. Due to lockdowns, travel bans, and store closures during COVID-19, eCommerce is at an all-time high.
If you’re thinking about building a business online, there’s no better place than Shopify. Shopify is quickly becoming an eCommerce giant. Any top Shopify web development agency will suggest you how to get on the platform. Most of the businesses are drawn towards Shopify not for its ease of accessibility, but for its features that allow them to strengthen relationships with customers. In this post, you will learn how to build a Shopify store step by step.
How to create a Shopify Store?
Sign up with Shopify
- The first step is to sign up using a free 14-days trial of Shopify.
- Visit Shopify’s website and create a new account.
- Fill in the details such as your email address, password, contact number, and choose a unique name for your product or brand.
- After that, click I’m Done.
Need any assistance? Get help from a Shopify web design and development company.
Install a custom Shopify theme
- After you’ve logged in, you will be redirected to the Admin page.
- Now, follow the online instructions to upload products, customize your store, or set up payments and shipping.
- Browse the Shopify theme store to choose a theme.
- You can choose a free or chargeable theme. However, thousands of other stores use these themes. You should get a customized theme from other marketplaces if you are serious about your business and want your store to look unique.
- Afterward, click on the Online Store and then Themes to install it.
- Next, scroll down to locate the Theme Library section and then click on Upload Theme.
Edit Shopify Settings
- You can make simple changes to alter the appearance of your store.
- A slight change like editing colors, layout, and adding a logo can set your store apart from others.
Add your Product
- Go to the Products section and click on Add a Product.
- Now, add product images, set up collections, add product variants, set pricing, and write a brief product description.
Set up Shipping and Taxes
- The next step is to set up shipping methods and pricing.
- Go to the Settings and click on Shipping and Delivery.
- To set up Taxes for your product, click on Taxes.
- Also, add a payment gateway to process payments.
- To do this, click on Payments under the Settings section.
Make your Store Live
- Before you make your store live, test your shop and product pages on multiple platforms.
- Customize the settings and run a few test orders.
- When all done, select a price plan and then launch your store
Selling your products with your eCommerce store has never been easier. Our Shopify development services let you impress your consumers with a reliable online store. If you need to build your business with Shopify or want to know more about Shopify, hire Aquatec Innovative as your Shopify partner.